World-Class Golf Near Chicago and O’Hare
News From The Preserve
- Greenway Tap Restaurant – OPEN (special hours)
- Join us for Lunch and Dinner on Thursday, Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Reservations Recommended
The New Clubhouse is Golf Inc. Magazine’s 2022 Best New Clubhouse Honoree
Join us at the NEW Greenway Tap Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays for lunch or dinner (see current hours and menus). Chef Mike Riley’s menu includes featured entrees, salads, healthy inspirations, and seasonal cuisine. Enjoy amazing views of the award winning golf preserve.
The Preserve – One of Golfweek’s “10 must-visit destinations in the Midwest.”
Golf360 TV Visits The New Clubhouse!
The team from Golf360TV toured toured The Preserve’s newest amenity. This segment aired on NBC Sports Chicago during September 2021.
Award Winning Golf at The Preserve
After 2 years of major construction and renovation, The Preserve at Oak Meadows welcomed golfers back for a first full season of golf in 2018. The debut of the new layout, practice areas, and scenery at The Preserve resulted in awards and accolades. Check out what golf industry experts and others are saying!
- Golfweek – 2022 Best Courses You Can Play
- Golf Inc. – 2018 Renovation of the Year
- Golf Digest – 2017 Green Star Award Winner
- Chicago Wilderness – Force of Nature Award
- American Society of Landscape Architects – 2017 Merit Award
The Preserve – Practice Facility
Learn about The Preserve’s new and improved practice areas.
Article – Illinois Golfer
Golf writer Tim Cronin, publisher of Illinos Golfer, checked out The Preserve at Oak Meadowsto recap the 2017 preview season. According to Illinos Golfer, “the delightful reinvention of Oak Meadows Golf Course into The Preserve at Oak Meadows began with a fire.”
Golf Chicago Magazine – The Preserve on the Cover
A recent issue of Golf Chicago Magazine includes a shot of the new hole #16 on the cover, and writer Neal Kotlarek’s article about The Preserve at Oak Meadows. Also in this issue, Golf Course Architect Greg Martin writes about the lasting value of Oak Meadows. Read both articles.
Featuring GPS on all golf carts!
News Articles on “The Preserve” at Oak Meadows:
- April 2020 – Chicago District Golfer – Well Preserved
- March 2020 – Daily Herald – Oak Meadows a Model for Restoring Salt Creek
- Spring 2020 – Better – The 13 Best Public Courses in Chicago and Wisconsin
- Spring 2018 – Golftime Magazine – Cover Story
- December 2017 – Club & Resort Business – On Higher Ground
- October 2017 – Illinois Golfer – Reborn: How Oak Meadows Became The Preserve
- August 2017 – PGA.com / Chicago Tribune – Nature Takes Course
- August 2017 – Daily Herald – No More Soaked Meadows
- August 2017 – Chicagoland Golf – The Preserve Hole-By-Hole
- July 2017 – Daily Herald – Len Ziehm Feature
- July 2017 – Golf Course Industry Magazine – Chicago Connection
- June 2017 – Chicagoland Golf – Rising From The Ashes
- June 2017 – Chicago District Golfer – Renovation Realities
- Daily Herald – Oak Meadows Poised To Get New Name
- Daily Herald – Oak Meadows Hires Clubhouse Architect
- Legendary golf writer Len Ziehm visited the former Oak Meadows this fall to get a sneak peak at new layout. Read his article.
- Click here to read more about the excting renovation at DuPageForest.org!
- Golf Course Industry Magazine also featured an article about future plans for Oak Meadows!
- The April issue of CDGA Magazine featured an article on architect Greg Martin, who discusses his work on the Oak Meadows Project.